Thursday 4th June 2020
Dear Parents/ Carers
An update on school reopening
Having carefully considered our current situation, we are having to postpone the partial reopening of our school until further notice. This means that although we were potentially hoping to reopen for FS2 on Monday 8th June, this will now be delayed until a later date.
Part of the reason for this delay is to enable us to consult with unions and other professional bodies in respect of our risk assessment for wider opening. This is in order to make absolutely sure we are fully compliant with everything expected of us so that we can ensure school is as safe as it can be for increased numbers of children and staff.
Staff have been in school this week, working hard to prepare the school environment for the return of more children, making it as safe and as welcoming as we can.
We have been and will continue to provide care for our existing groups of key worker and vulnerable children.
I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause or that I am unable to provide a definite date for any future return but unfortunately there are currently too many external factors that are preventing us being able to do this. I would again like to reassure you that any decisions being made are with the safety and well-being of your children at the forefront.
We will keep you informed of further developments and in the meantime please continue to look at the website for our weekly home learning activities and let us know what you are doing through the class emails and blog.
We miss you all. Please stay safe and happy
Many thanks in anticipation of your understanding and support